JAKARTA - Police secured two men who sold satay from a resident who was drunk, after previously allegedly harassing four teenage girls on Jalan Andi Mangerangi, Bongaya, Tamalate District, Makassar, South Sulawesi.

"There were two satay sellers who were attacked by the crowd, last night (22/5). After receiving information from the community there was an incident, the team immediately went to the crime scene (scene of the crime) to secure these two suspected perpetrators," said Tanalate Police Criminal Investigation Unit Head Iptu Abdul Latif when confirmed in Makassar, Saturday.

The two sate sellers were initials MO after 25 years and MA at the age of 20. Meanwhile, the victim was four girls with the status of students at the Junior High School or SMP.

At the beginning of the incident, the two perpetrators were reported by their victims for alleged sexual harassment verbally with obscene words.

Hearing the report, residents came to their selling location on Jalan Andi Mangerangi, on Friday (22/5) evening at around 22.00 WITA.

Hundreds of residents and families of the victims had beaten both of them and even damaged the sate trading cart until it was destroyed because of the emotion of hearing the harassment.

The reason why the victim was often tempted by the perpetrator while passing by the selling location with obscene words. Even a month before the incident, the alleged perpetrator had conveyed similar harassment.

Due to the attack, the perpetrators were battered and almost killed. Fortunately, someone stopped the self-judgment. Until the Tamalate Police Patrol Team arrived at the location to secure the perpetrators.

"This victim is often teased like that, then reported to his family. Less than a month like that (often teasing). The family has told the perpetrator not to be like that," he said.

The four students who were always harassed were around 12 years old to 13 years old.

The family's rebuke was not heeded by the perpetrators and even repeated it.

"He has been reprimanded, conveyed to this perpetrator, don't do it again to the children. But it seems to be ignored, it even went up. The peak was last night when residents came and were beaten," he said.

The two perpetrators are now handed over to the Makassar Police Women and Children Protection Unit (PPA) to undergo further examination related to the case. "Now it's at the police PPA to be examined by investigators," he added.

The viral video recording on social media, showed the two being beaten by the residents, their carts were also destroyed.

Officers who arrived at the scene were overwhelmed by evacuating the two because many people beat the perpetrator.


The English, Chinese, Japanese, Arabic, and French versions are automatically generated by the AI. So there may still be inaccuracies in translating, please always see Indonesian as our main language. (system supported by DigitalSiber.id)