JAKARTA - Foreign Minister Sugiono said the government continues to seek access to ensure the condition of Indonesian citizens who were detained by Israel after the Global Sumud Flotilla was intercepted.

Sugiono said the Ministry of Foreign Affairs had communicated with Jordan and Turkey. This step was taken because Indonesia did not have direct diplomatic relations with Israel.

"We have communicated with friends from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Jordan and Turkey to ensure the condition of our colleagues who were intercepted and detained by Israel," said Sugiono at the DPR building, Wednesday (20/5).

According to Sugiono, the information received by the government is still limited. Communication with Indonesian citizens who are detained has not been able to be carried out freely.

"So far the information we receive is as our colleagues know, because of limited communication," he said.

Sugiono appreciated Indonesian citizens who joined the Global Sumud Flotilla. He said the action reflected the desire to help create a better situation for the Palestinians, especially in Gaza.

"We appreciate the spirit of our colleagues who are part of the Global Sumud Flotilla," said Sugiono.

He hopes that the Indonesian citizens are in good condition and can return to Indonesia safely. The government, he said, will continue to coordinate through countries that have access and experience similar problems with their citizens.

"We pray that they are in good condition and can return to their homeland in good health and safety," he said.


The English, Chinese, Japanese, Arabic, and French versions are automatically generated by the AI. So there may still be inaccuracies in translating, please always see Indonesian as our main language. (system supported by DigitalSiber.id)