JAKARTA - Police are trying to uncover the identity of a woman who allegedly stole condolence money (condolences) in the Kramat Jati area, East Jakarta (Jaktim), using a facial sketch.
"Identification is not maximal, it is only checked using a facial sketch. It is still an investigation process," said Kramat Jati Police Criminal Investigation Unit Kanit Fadoli when confirmed in Jakarta, Friday.
During the investigation process, investigators used a sketch of the perpetrator's face based on witness statements at the scene.
Fadoli said that until now, the perpetrator has not been secured. However, the police continue to search for the identity of the woman who was recorded in the video that went viral on social media.
"We have conducted further investigations, while there is still no result. Maybe because the case is viral, so the perpetrator went far away," said Fadoli.
According to him, investigators are still collecting various information from the public to help uncover the identity of the perpetrator.
However, some information that had previously been received turned out to be inconsistent with the facts on the ground.
"Yesterday, there was some information that he knew, it turned out not to be," said Fadoli.
From the temporary information, the perpetrator is suspected of having an address in Palembang, although this still needs to be further confirmed.
Meanwhile, the amount of condolence money that was allegedly stolen is also not known for sure, because the donation envelope from the residents who came to pay their respects had not yet been opened and counted by the family.
"Because the contributions of residents in the envelope have not been opened and counted by the family, so the amount is not known," said Fadoli.
Previously, a woman who stole condolence money in the Kramat Jati area, East Jakarta, was suspected of having committed similar acts in two different places previously.
"Yes, it's true, just like the two previous incidents," said Head of the Criminal Investigation Unit (Kanit Reskrim) of the Kramat Jati Police, AKP Fadoli, when confirmed in Jakarta, Wednesday (4/3).
The police revealed that the same perpetrator had already carried out similar actions at least twice in different areas with the same modus operandi, namely pretending to pay homage. In this way, the perpetrator has committed the crime three times.
The perpetrators in the case of theft of condolence money in Kramat Jati are identical to the two previous incidents.
"Yes, it is the same case and perpetrator," said Fadoli.
Two similar crimes previously occurred on Damai Street, Lubang Buaya area, on December 22, 2025 and on Yellow Bamboo Street, Bamboo Apus on February 4, 2026.
In all three incidents, the perpetrator allegedly used the same pattern, namely targeting funeral homes and taking advantage of the mourning situation to carry out his evil intentions.
Based on the preliminary investigation, the woman came to the funeral home by pretending to know the deceased's family.
He then mingled with other mourners so as not to arouse suspicion. When the condition was slack, the perpetrator allegedly took the condolence donations collected from guests.
Investigators are now collecting additional evidence, including surveillance camera (CCTV) footage and witness statements in three different locations.
The incident went viral on the Instagram social media @info_cipayung. Seen in the surveillance camera (CCTV) footage, the perpetrator ran outside after carrying out his evil intentions at the funeral home on Jalan Dukuh IV, Dukuh Village, Kramat Jati, East Jakarta, Monday (2/3).
The English, Chinese, Japanese, Arabic, and French versions are automatically generated by the AI. So there may still be inaccuracies in translating, please always see Indonesian as our main language. (system supported by DigitalSiber.id)