JAKARTA - Dr. Ali Shaath officially began his duties to lead the transition period in the Gaza Strip, determined to rebuild the Palestinian enclave over the weekend.

Shaath on Saturday began his duties as head of the National Committee for Gaza Administration (NCAG) by adopting and signing the committee's mission statement.

"Today, as my first official act, I adopted and signed the NCAG Mission Statement, confirming the mandate of the government and our operational principles," he tweeted on X, as reported by Anadolu (19/1).

Shaath further said that NCAG "is authorized by UN Security Council Resolution 2803 and the 20-Point Peace Plan of US President Donald Trump" and is tasked with transforming Gaza's transition period into "a foundation for sustainable Palestinian prosperity."

The former deputy minister in the Palestinian Authority (PA) government added that the committee would operate "under the guidance of the Peace Council, chaired by President Trump and with the support and assistance of the High Representative for Gaza."

"Our mission is to rebuild the Gaza Strip not only in infrastructure but also in spirit," he said.

According to the statement, the NCAG aims to build security, restore essential services including electricity, water, health care, and education, and promote governance that is "rooted in peace, democracy, and justice."

Shaath said the committee would operate "with the highest standards of integrity and transparency" and seek to build "a productive economy capable of replacing unemployment with opportunity for all."

"We embrace peace, through which we seek to secure the path to true Palestinian rights and self-determination," he explained.

Earlier, the White House on Friday announced new "technocratic" committee members who will oversee the transition of power in the Gaza Strip, as part of President Donald Trump's 20-point plan to end Israel's genocidal war in the region.

The White House described Shaath as a "highly respected technocratic leader who will oversee the restoration of public services, rebuild civilian institutions, and stabilize daily life in Gaza, while laying the foundation for long-term governance."

The statement also said that the Gaza Executive Council, among others, was composed of Turkish Foreign Minister Hakan Fidan; US Special Envoy Steve Witkoff, President Trump's son-in-law Jared Kushner; former British Prime Minister Tony Blair; UAE Minister of State for International Cooperation Reem Al-Hashimy, veteran Qatari diplomat Ali Al-Thawadi to the head of Egyptian intelligence Hassan Rashad.

Last week, Witkoff announced on Wednesday the start of the second phase of the Gaza truce plan, saying the focus would shift to demilitarization, technocratic governance, and reconstruction.


The English, Chinese, Japanese, Arabic, and French versions are automatically generated by the AI. So there may still be inaccuracies in translating, please always see Indonesian as our main language. (system supported by DigitalSiber.id)