The joint SAR team from the Blora Police, TNI, BPBD, Basarnas, and volunteers conducted a search for three of the eight students who were swept away in the Lusi River, Kedungjenar Village, Blora District. Two students were found dead and three others survived.

"As of 14.10 WIB, the joint team has found two victims dead. Meanwhile, three other people are still being searched," said Blora Police Chief AKBP Wawan Andi Susanto as quoted by ANTRA, Thursday, December 11.

The two victims who died, namely NAS (16), a resident of Kadurgan who was found about 600 meters from the scene. Previously, at around 13.00 WIB, NC's first victim (15), a Jepon resident, was found 200 meters from the scene.

The incident occurred in the Lusi River on Thursday at around 06.30 WIB. It was recorded that there were eight students of Muhammadiyah Boarding School (MBS) Tahfidzul Qur'an Al Maa'uun Blora who were reportedly dragged by the river current while they were active on the riverbank to look for shells.

The slippery condition of the riverbank and the swift current of the river caused some of the students to slip and be dragged by the current of the river.

"Of the eight students, three female students managed to survive after being caught in a tree trunk and two people were found dead," he said.

Meanwhile, the other three victims, with the initials CPM (16), AF (13), and SR (12) until Thursday afternoon, are still being searched by the joint SAR team.

To speed up the search, the joint team installed four nets along the Lusi River as an effort to anticipate that victims who were swept away by the current could be caught and found immediately.

The joint team also conducted sweeps using rubber boats, monitoring from the riverbank, to manual dives. However, the swift flow became the main obstacle in search operations.

"We are trying our best to find the other victims. Please pray for all of them to be found soon," said Wawan.

As of Thursday afternoon, the SAR team was still sweeping hundreds of meters from the initial location to find the three female students who were still missing.

Officers plan to establish a joint SAR post around the location to facilitate coordination posts, rescue team rest areas, and information centers for victims' families, if possible.


The English, Chinese, Japanese, Arabic, and French versions are automatically generated by the AI. So there may still be inaccuracies in translating, please always see Indonesian as our main language. (system supported by DigitalSiber.id)