JAKARTA - Minister of Home Affairs (Mendagri) Tito Karnavian revealed that a number of local governments (Pemda) in Sumatra who were affected by the disaster only had the remaining unexpected expenditure budget (BTT) of IDR 2 billion, IDR 1 billion, some even remaining IDR 750 million.
According to him, there are only a few financial conditions left that the local government has because it is now the end of the year.
The Minister of Home Affairs has also reported this to President Prabowo Subianto, who was immediately responded to by the distribution of a budget of IDR 4 billion for each district affected by the disaster.
"We are very grateful, I am very very grateful on behalf of fellow regional heads, especially those 52 regencies plus 3 governors, because he (the president) directly conveyed not Rp2 billion but assisted Rp4 billion," Tito said at the Ministry of Home Affairs building, Jakarta, Tuesday, December 9.
He conveyed that the distribution of the money is expected to reach the regional government account today and tomorrow, Wednesday (10/12).
To manage the budget, Tito issued a circular to all regions so that the funds were actually used for the needs of displaced communities.
"Because it's specific, yes. The problem with women's needs, the problem of diapers, pampers, then someone asks for soap, detergent, shampoo, etc. can be taken from there. Plus the reserve belongs to the local government itself BTT which is still there," he said.
According to the Minister of Home Affairs, all regional heads need to be held accountable for the additional budget from the President and not to be misused. He emphasized that the budget must be used only for the benefit of the people.
"Mr. President asked not to take the opportunity in the midst of narrowness, people's difficulties. This sanction will be very heavy, the afterlife," he said.
Previously, President Prabowo Subianto budgeted IDR 4 billion per district/city to deal with the impact of disasters in their respective areas after a number of areas in Aceh, North Sumatra, and West Sumatra were hit by flash floods and landslides on November 25, 2025.
The Rp4 billion allocation given by President Prabowo began with the request of the Minister of Home Affairs Tito Karnavian who submitted a request for central government budget support to 52 districts/cities affected by the disaster in a coordination meeting to deal with the impact of the Sumatra disaster at the Sultan Iskandar Muda Air Base Integrated Command Post, Aceh Besar District, Aceh Province, Sunday (7/12) night.
The English, Chinese, Japanese, Arabic, and French versions are automatically generated by the AI. So there may still be inaccuracies in translating, please always see Indonesian as our main language. (system supported by DigitalSiber.id)