JAKARYA - United States President Donald Trump announced a "complete and total" ceasefire between Israel and Iran will take effect with the aim of ending the 12-day conflict between the two countries, moments after the two threatened to launch a new attack.

"With the assumption that everything is going as it should be, what will happen, I would like to congratulate both Countries, Israel and Iran, for having Stamina, Courage and Intelligence to end, what should be called, '12 Days of WAR'," President Trump wrote on his Truth Social website. June 24.

An Iranian official confirmed Tehran had agreed to a ceasefire, but there had been no immediate comment from Israel.

Senior White House officials said Israel had agreed as long as Iran did not launch further attacks, with President Trump mediating the deal by phone call with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.

President Trump appears to signal Israel and Iran will have time to complete any ongoing mission, which by then the ceasefire will begin in a gradual process.

Qatari Prime Minister Sheikh Mohammed bin Abdulrahman Al Thani secured Tehran's approval during a phone call with Iranian officials, officials briefed on the negotiations told Reuters on Tuesday.

The official added that President Trump told the Qatari Emir that Israel had agreed to the ceasefire.

Neither Iran's missions at the United Nations nor the Israeli Embassy in Washington immediately responded to requests for separate comments from Reuters.

Hours earlier, three Israeli officials had signaled the country wanted to end its campaign in Iran immediately, delivering the message to the United States.

Earlier President Trump said on Monday he would encourage Israel to continue its peace efforts after fending off Iran's attacks on American air bases that were not injured and thanked Tehran for initial notice of the attack.

Iran's attack came after US bombers dropped a 30,000-pound bomb into Iran's underground nuclear facility over the weekend, joining Israel's air warfare against Tehran.

President Trump's administration insists its sole purpose is to destroy Iran's nuclear program, not to open a wider war.


The English, Chinese, Japanese, Arabic, and French versions are automatically generated by the AI. So there may still be inaccuracies in translating, please always see Indonesian as our main language. (system supported by DigitalSiber.id)