JAKARTA - The G7 state leader called for a resolution to the crisis in the Middle East in a joint statement. This resolution is said to have received US President Donald Trump's support after the editorial in the draft was adjusted.
"We urge that Iran's crisis resolution lead to a broader de-escalation of hostilities in the Middle East, including a ceasefire in Gaza," the statement said.
Earlier on Monday, officials said the US indicated it would not sign the draft of the statement, which European leaders were discussing at the conference.
But after changing some of the editorials in the document included calls for a diplomatic resolution to the crisis and enforcing Trump's international law signed it, according to an official familiar with the matter.
The statement was released when Trump left the summit early to return to Washington, where he said he needed to monitor the ongoing conflict between Israel and Iran.
The statement said G7 leaders "reaffirmed our commitment to peace and stability in the Middle East."
SEE ALSO:
The English, Chinese, Japanese, Arabic, and French versions are automatically generated by the AI. So there may still be inaccuracies in translating, please always see Indonesian as our main language. (system supported by DigitalSiber.id)