JAKARTA - Minister of Immigration and Corrections (Imipas) Agus Andrianto stated that as many as 50 inmates or inmates escaped from the Kutacane Southeast Aceh Correctional Institution (Lapas), Aceh. So far, only 12 have been re-arrested by the police.
"If I'm not mistaken, 50 (the prisoners who fled), 12 have been arrested at the Resort Police," Agus told reporters, Tuesday, March 11.
There are still around 38 prisoners who are still on the loose. Therefore, Agus appealed to them to immediately surrender.
The prison has coordinated with the police to ensure the arrest of the escaped convict.
"Yes, I appeal and hopefully friends from the police will also urge them to surrender instead of them," he said.
Meanwhile, the trigger for the prisoners to escape is still being investigated at this time.
However, from the information received, the inmates asked that their food budget allotment be equalized with inmates at the Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) detention center.
It is undeniable, said Agus, that there are several classifications of food costs for prisoners. The value is from Rp. 18,000 to Rp. 22,000.
"What is currently developing is because you eat, asking for the same quota as the one from the KPK. Indeed, there are several classifications here, some are Rp. 18,000 per day, some are Rp. 20,000, some are Rp. 22,000," said Agus.
The escape of dozens of inmates occurred on Monday, March 10 before breaking the fast. Some of them fled through the main door and some from the roof of the prison.
The English, Chinese, Japanese, Arabic, and French versions are automatically generated by the AI. So there may still be inaccuracies in translating, please always see Indonesian as our main language. (system supported by DigitalSiber.id)