The SAR team found fishermen who had previously been declared missing contact while looking for fish in the waters of Karangdry, East Belitung Regency, Bangka Belitung Islands Province (Babel).

"This morning we received information about the incident of a fisherman from East Belitung Regency who lost contact while looking for fish in Karangdry Waters, and we followed up by searching," said Head of the Pangkalpinang SAR Office I Made Oka Astawa, who was confiscated on Friday, February 21.

He explained that the fisherman on behalf of Karsono (47), a resident of Baru Village, Manggar, on Thursday, February 20 at around 05.00 WIB, left alone using a katir boat to look for fish in Karangdry Waters.

From the habit the fishermen used to do, he said, usually came home in the afternoon on the same day, but until late at night they did not get home. The family had tried to call, but could not contact the victim and did not know the position of the victim.

"Then they carried out a search effort, but until the morning the fishermen had not been found, then the family reported the incident to the Pangkalpinang SAR Office to ask for help in the search," he said.

Receiving this information, his party dispatched a Rescue Team from the East Belitung SAR Post to the scene.

In this search process, the East Belitung SAR Post Team was assisted and supported by the Indonesian Navy, the Babel Police Ditpolairud, the Police Satpolair, BPBD, a number of local fishermen, and the families of the victims.

"The team conducted a joint search using the Basarnas Rigid Inflatable Boat (RIB) and supported by fishing boats," he said.

While searching for the joint SAR team, they received information that the fishing boat they were looking for was found in Gusung Semjung Waters with a boat dead and the fisherman was still on the boat safe.

The SAR team immediately rushed to the location where the victim's boat was found to evacuate the victim. At 09.30 WIB the joint SAR team arrived at the location and immediately evacuated the victim, while the victim's boat was pulled to Serdang Beach.

The fishermen who were rescued were then taken to the victim's house.

"Alhamdulillah, the operation went smoothly and the victim was found safe. For this success, the operation was closed. Thank you to all elements of the Joint SAR who helped in the search for victims, hopefully this synergy and collaboration can continue to be established for the best service to public safety," he said.


The English, Chinese, Japanese, Arabic, and French versions are automatically generated by the AI. So there may still be inaccuracies in translating, please always see Indonesian as our main language. (system supported by DigitalSiber.id)