Responding To The Malang Candidate Tragedy, KSP: Hold Back Not Spreading Corrupt Content
Deputy IV Presidential Chief of Staff, Juri Ardiantoro. (Photo: Doc. KSP)

Jakarta - The Presidential Staff Office (KSP) urges the public to refrain from spreading videos or photos showing the condition of the victims of the post-match riots between Arema FC vs Persebaya at the Kanjuruhan Stadium on Saturday, October 1.

This appeal was voiced to honor the victim and her bereaved family.

"Indonesia is indeed saddened by this tragedy. However, we urge the public to refrain from spreading sensitive content related to the condition of the victims, both those who died and were injured. This is intended so as not to cause trauma and sorrow for the families of the victims," said Deputy IV Presidential Chief of Staff, Juri Ardiantoro in a written statement, Sunday, October 2.

KSP, said Juri, expressed his condolences to the victims of the Kanjuruhan tragedy, Malang.

"Football matches should not be paid with life," added Juri Ardiantoro.

As previously reported, riots against supporters occurred at the Kanjuruhan Stadium, Malang Regency, triggered by Arema FC's defeat to Persebaya in the 11th week of Liga 1 2022-2023.

As of this afternoon, according to the statement by the Deputy Governor of East Java, Emil Dardak, 174 people were identified as victims of the riots.

Meanwhile, data as of this morning showed that more than 180 injured victims were still receiving treatment at the hospital.

"President Jokowi has instructed that this case be thoroughly investigated. The government will ensure this tragedy does not happen again. Therefore, we need support from the community to refrain from spreading content on social media so as not to cloud the existing inner wounds," he said.


The English, Chinese, Japanese, Arabic, French, and Spanish versions are automatically generated by the system. So there may still be inaccuracies in translating, please always see Indonesian as our main language. (system supported by DigitalSiber.id)