JAKARTA Baim Wong's attorney, Fahmi Bachmid, confirmed that both Baim and Paula Verhoeven had officially appealed their case. In a statement to the media in the Antasari area, South Jakarta, Tuesday, May 6, Fahmi said that both parties had submitted a memorandum of appeal on the same day.

"I did yesterday, I received an appeal from the applicant against one, the respondent (Paula Verhoeven). We, because we appealed it on the 29th, we became applicants for the second appeal. So both have appealed," said Fahmi Bachmid.

He explained that Paula Verhoeven had already filed an appeal on Monday morning, while Baim Wong's team of attorneys handed over their appeal documents in the afternoon on the same day.

"So they have submitted an appeal memory, namely, on Monday he submitted a memorandum of appeal. And we have submitted our memorandum of appeal, on Monday too, but rather afternoon to the afternoon," continued Fahmi.

In this legal process, Fahmi emphasized that the main reason for the appeal submitted by his party was for the safety of children, which he said was the most crucial thing in the case.

"So, both parties have now filed an appeal and our reasons are the most crucial reasons, namely regarding the safety of children," he explained.

He also revealed that Paula's appeal was made on April 28, and was thus declared the first appeal applicant by the court.

"The update I received was only like that. The party of the defendant at the time of the 3477 case filed an appeal on the 28th so that it was categorized as an appeal applicant," concluded Fahmi.


The English, Chinese, Japanese, Arabic, and French versions are automatically generated by the AI. So there may still be inaccuracies in translating, please always see Indonesian as our main language. (system supported by DigitalSiber.id)