JAKARTA - PT Pelayaran Nasional Indonesia or PT Pelni (Persero) recorded the realization of a 30 percent discount on sea tickets during the 2026 Lebaran transportation reaching 467,662 passengers.
Pelni President Director Tri Andayani said the 30 percent sea transportation discount program had sold out faster than the schedule specified.
"The realization of passengers receiving discounts is 467,662 people or reaching 105 percent of the initial projection of passengers receiving discounts, namely 445,534 people," said Tri Andayani or is familiarly called Anda, quoted by ANTARA, Sunday, April 5.
He said that the 30 percent discount ticket sales had previously been opened since February 11, 2026 for departures from March 11 to April 5, 2026. The government's stimulus program has now officially closed since Friday (3/4).
You explained that the realization of passengers that exceeded the projection was influenced by the ticket sales factor on short sections.
"Alhamdulillah, the 30 percent transportation discount program provided by the government has received a positive response from the public," he said.
According to him, the discount quota which will expire on April 3, 2026 proves that the program is very helpful for the community in making Lebaran homecoming trips at a more affordable cost.
You also added that as of April 4, 2026, the total national ticket sales for the departure period of March 11 - April 5, 2026 reached 487,905 tickets or reached 101.8 percent when compared to the same period in the previous year, namely 479,133 tickets.
He thanked all people who had used the program.
He also thanked the government, especially the Ministry of Transportation, which had entrusted the program to Pelni.
"Pelni will continue to support the government's policy in providing affordable and quality maritime transportation access for the Indonesian people," said Anda.
You emphasized that even though the number of returning passengers had started to decrease, Pelni was still ready to serve all passengers to the maximum until the Pelni Lebaran Transportation period closed on April 6, 2026.
"Hopefully we can continue to provide better, safer, and more comfortable services for all customers in the next Lebaran transportation," said Anda.
Although the transportation discount quota has been exhausted, said You, Pelni is still ready to provide maximum service by prioritizing safety first, zero accident, and service excellence for all passengers who will still travel using the fleet owned by the state-owned enterprise that operates in the maritime transportation sector.
The English, Chinese, Japanese, Arabic, and French versions are automatically generated by the AI. So there may still be inaccuracies in translating, please always see Indonesian as our main language. (system supported by DigitalSiber.id)