JAKARTA - Minister of Finance Purbaya Yudhi Sadewa said he would not go to perform the hajj in 2026.
"It doesn't happen," said Purbaya while laughing a little, reported by ANTARA, Thursday, May 21.
Purbaya did not reveal the reason for canceling the fifth pillar of Islam.
However, he said the cancellation of the departure of the hajj was not due to the request of President Prabowo Subianto or any state task.
He only said that it happened because he had not been blessed and it was not time to leave in 2026.
"No, the President did not ask, it's not time yet, maybe, it's not his luck," said Purbaya.
Purbaya admitted that he was sad that he could not go on the hajj and hoped that in 2027 he could carry out the worship.
"Yes, sad, sad, not sad, because it's not the time yet, maybe. Pray next year, it won't be canceled again," said Purbaya.
He said the cancellation of the pilgrimage also applies to all members of his family.
"The whole family (canceled)," he said.
Previously, Purbaya said that he planned to leave for the Holy Land to perform the hajj on Thursday (21/5), if there were no obstacles.
"Thursday (21/5), if there are no obstacles," said Purbaya at the Presidential Palace Complex, Jakarta, Monday (18/5).
Purbaya said he had been preparing for the hajj since the last two weeks.
He said he was still studying prayers for the implementation of the hajj.
"Preparation for Hajj was two weeks ago, I had learned but the prayers, I still forget too," he said.
Purbaya also said that his plan was to perform the hajj for 10 days.
"10 days," he said briefly.
The English, Chinese, Japanese, Arabic, and French versions are automatically generated by the AI. So there may still be inaccuracies in translating, please always see Indonesian as our main language. (system supported by DigitalSiber.id)