JAKARTA - The Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) searched the house of the non-active Regent of Ponorogo Sugiri Sancoko in Bajang Village, Ponorogo Regency, East Java on Tuesday, May 19. From this forced effort, investigators seized four cars, three of which were Toyota Hardtops.

"From the results of the search, investigators found and seized evidence in the form of four units of cars," said KPK spokesman Budi Prasetyo to reporters through his written statement, Wednesday, May 20.

In addition to the three Hardtops, investigators also seized one unit of Toyota Alphard. "The search activities are related to the investigation process for the alleged corruption and money laundering (TPPU) cases in Ponorogo Regency in the period 2020 to 2026," explained Budi.

In addition, Budi said that investigators also searched the offices of the Health Office and the Ponorogo Regency Education Office. "The investigation team secured a number of evidence in the form of documents, letters, and electronic evidence," he said.

The investigators also searched the house of a businessman from Pacitan, Citra, on Monday, May 18. From the forced effort, a cellphone was confiscated.

"Furthermore, the evidence from the search was confiscated for the purposes of the investigation process."

As previously reported, the KPK named Ponorogo Regent Sugiri Sancoko a suspect along with three other people, namely Agus Pramono who is the Regional Secretary (Sekda) of Ponorogo Regency who has been in office since 2012; Yunus Mahatma as Director of Dr. Harjono Hospital Ponorogo Regency; and Sucipto who is a private party partner of Ponorogo Hospital in the Ponorogo Regency area.

The determination of the suspect began with a hand-in-hand operation (OTT) on Friday, November 7. There are three clusters of corruption found by the KPK.

First, regarding the alleged bribery of handling positions. Then the bribery of work projects at the Ponorogo Hospital and other receipts or gratuities.

In the case of bribery for handling positions, Yunus as the Director of the Dr. Harjono Hospital, Ponorogo Regency, knew that he would be replaced by Sugiri from the beginning of the year. So, he prepared a number of money and handed it over three times.

The first handover was made by Yunus to Sugiri in February 2025 with a nominal of Rp. 400 million. This money was given through an aide. Then, in the April-August period, Yunus handed over money worth Rp. 325 million to Agus Pramono.

Then, he again handed over Rp500 million to Ninik who was a relative of Sugiri in November. So, the money received by Sugiri reached Rp900 million.

Not stopping there, Sugiri also received Rp1.4 billion from a project for a work package in the environment of Ponorogo Regional Hospital with a value of Rp14 billion. This money was said by the KPK to have been received by Yunus as the Head of the Regional Hospital first.

Meanwhile, in the last cluster, it is suspected that there was a gratification of hundreds of millions of rupiah from the private sector by Sugiri.


The English, Chinese, Japanese, Arabic, and French versions are automatically generated by the AI. So there may still be inaccuracies in translating, please always see Indonesian as our main language. (system supported by DigitalSiber.id)