JAKARTA - PT Kereta Api Indonesia (Persero) stated that it was focusing on evacuating passengers and handling train sets related to the collision between the Commuter Line train and the long-distance train at Bekasi Timur Station.

"Currently, all efforts are focused on the process of evacuating passengers and crew of the means, as well as handling victims at the scene with the main priority of safety," said KAI Corporate Communication Vice President Anne Purba in a statement in Jakarta, Monday evening, as reported by Antara.

PT KAI said that there had been an operational incident in the Bekasi Timur Station area, Jakarta Operational Area 1, which had an impact on train travel.

"We understand this situation raises concerns for customers and families waiting for news," Anne said.

KAI apologized to customers for the incident.

"We apologize for this incident," said Anne.

He emphasized that his party was focused on ensuring that all passengers and officers received the best possible treatment as quickly as possible.

"We also continue to coordinate with all parties concerned on the ground," he said.

Anne emphasized that KAI would continue to provide periodic updates as the handling progresses at the location.

Customers who need more information can contact KAI's official service via WhatsApp 0811-2223-3121 or Call Center 121.

The incident has spread on various social media. However, until now KAI has not given a more detailed explanation regarding the accident because it is still focused on evacuating passengers.


The English, Chinese, Japanese, Arabic, and French versions are automatically generated by the AI. So there may still be inaccuracies in translating, please always see Indonesian as our main language. (system supported by DigitalSiber.id)