JAKARTA - US President Donald Trump said he had ordered a five-day delay for all attacks on Iran's power plants and energy infrastructure.

Trump made the claim on the grounds that his party had had "very good and productive" talks with Tehran over the past two days.

"I am pleased to report that the United States and the Iranian nation have had very good and productive conversations over the past two days regarding the complete and total settlement of our hostilities in the Middle East," Trump said on his social media platform, Truth Social, as reported by ANTARA from Anadolu, Monday, March 23.

Trump said based on "this deep, detailed, and constructive tone and content of the conversation, which will continue throughout the week," he had instructed the Department of Defense to delay all military attacks on Iranian power plants and energy infrastructure for five days.

The delay depends on the success of the ongoing meetings and discussions.

This happened as the regional escalation continued to escalate since the US and Israel launched a joint attack on Iran on February 28, which has so far killed more than 1,340 people, including Iran's then-supreme leader, Ali Khamenei.

Iran has retaliated with drone and missile attacks targeting Israel, along with Jordan, Iraq, and Gulf states hosting US military assets, causing casualties and infrastructure damage as well as disrupting global markets and flights.


The English, Chinese, Japanese, Arabic, and French versions are automatically generated by the AI. So there may still be inaccuracies in translating, please always see Indonesian as our main language. (system supported by DigitalSiber.id)