JAKARTA - Spokesperson for the supreme leader of Afghanistan, Zabiullah Mujahid, said the Pakistani Air Force and artillery again attacked targets in Kandahar Province, southern Afghanistan, on Saturday (14/3) evening.
"The attack targeted a hospital for the treatment of drug addicts, as well as an empty container that had previously been used for military purposes," Mujahid said as quoted by TOLONews Plus on Telegram, reported by ANTARA from Sputnik, Monday, March 16.
Mujahid confirmed that the airstrike caused material damage to several targets, but did not cause any casualties.
At the same time, citing several officials, Pakistani media reported that the Pakistani army attacked at least five targets in Kandahar in an overnight air raid, according to the television station's report.
The targets included an intelligence base, a military training facility, and a barracks of the Afghan Special Forces unit 313, which is tasked with guarding the supreme leader of Afghanistan, Haibatullah Akhundzada, according to a TOLOnews report.
Last week, Pakistan also launched an air strike on a militant hideout suspected to be in Afghanistan's Nangarhar and Paktika provinces.
According to Afghan authorities, dozens of civilians were killed and injured as a result of the attack.
On February 26, Afghanistan launched a military operation against Pakistani bases along the Durand Line, the border region between Afghanistan and Pakistan that Kabul does not recognize, in response to the bombing.
In response, Pakistan announced the launch of Operation Ghazab lil Haq after accusing Afghanistan of "unprovoked firing" in several border sectors.
The English, Chinese, Japanese, Arabic, and French versions are automatically generated by the AI. So there may still be inaccuracies in translating, please always see Indonesian as our main language. (system supported by DigitalSiber.id)