JAKARTA - US President Donald Trump downplayed the threat to the safety of his citizens against the potential Iranian drone attack reaching the US West Coast region.
The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) has warned of the potential attack as the Middle East heats up following the US-Israeli attack on Iran since February 28.
"I'm not worried," Trump said when asked by reporters on Wednesday, March 11, as quoted by Reuters.
Previously, ABC News said the FBI warned police in California of the potential for Iranian drone attacks on the US West Coast in retaliation for the massive US-Israeli military operation against the Islamic Republic.
"We recently obtained information that in early February 2026, Iran allegedly attempted to carry out a surprise attack using an unmanned aircraft from an unidentified ship off the coast of the United States, specifically against an unspecified target in California, if the US carried out an attack on Iran," wrote the FBI statement containing a warning according to ABC News.
"We have no additional information on the timing, method, targets, or perpetrators of this alleged attack," the statement continued.
When asked for comment, spokespeople for the FBI, the Los Angeles Police Department, the governor of California, and the mayor of Los Angeles were not immediately available to respond to requests for comment.
Reuters reported earlier this month that Iran and its proxies could target the US in response to the US attack.
According to Reuters, the threat assessment produced by the Office of Intelligence and Analysis in the US Department of Homeland Security states that Iran and its proxies "may" pose a threat of targeted attacks against the US, although a large-scale physical attack is unlikely.
The English, Chinese, Japanese, Arabic, and French versions are automatically generated by the AI. So there may still be inaccuracies in translating, please always see Indonesian as our main language. (system supported by DigitalSiber.id)