JAKARTA - UN officials say about 100,000 people in Lebanon have fled due to Israeli aggression, warning that the number is likely to increase following an unprecedented evacuation warning issued by the Israeli army.

It is said that the Zionist forces urged residents to leave large areas throughout Lebanon.

The UN humanitarian coordinator in Lebanon, Imran Riza, told Reuters that the situation over the past two days was unprecedented, both in terms of the scale of warnings and evacuation orders and the panic that emerged across the country.

"So far, about 100,000 people are living in about 477 collective shelters, while about 57 shelters still have space left, but their capacity is immediately full," he said as quoted by ANTARA, Saturday, March 7.

Riza noted that Lebanese citizens experienced panic and confusion following the evacuation warning from the Zionist Israel.

"People are fleeing everywhere without a clear destination, and I'm sure the number will immediately increase," he said, citing a similar incident in the Beirut shelter, where the number of families rose from 90 to 150 in a day.

Meanwhile, the Lebanese Ministry of Health reported 123 people were killed and 683 others were injured as a result of Israeli attacks in the country.

Riza added that a number of health workers were killed and injured, so he called for respect for international humanitarian law.


The English, Chinese, Japanese, Arabic, and French versions are automatically generated by the AI. So there may still be inaccuracies in translating, please always see Indonesian as our main language. (system supported by DigitalSiber.id)