JAKARTA - Deputy Chairman of Commission III of the DPR, Ahmad Sahroni, has given support to the Attorney General's Office (Kejagung) in stopping the investigation into the case of honorer teacher M. Misbahul Huda. Sahroni considers that the honorer teacher has no evil intentions in the actions taken.

"I strongly support the decision of the Attorney General through the East Java Prosecutor's Office who has seen and decided this case clearly and used his conscience," said Sahroni in a written statement, Thursday, February 26.

The Attorney General's Office has decided this case by looking at the whole picture, that there was no evil intention.

Then, the source of his salary is also different, it is not appropriate for the person concerned to be prosecuted.

"So the steps of the Attorney General's Office are very appropriate," he continued.

Sahroni also believes that the Attorney General's Office will continue to maintain and prioritize conscience in carrying out its role.

"I also believe that the Attorney General's Office, as one of the leading forces in enforcing justice, will continue to be consistent with values like this," he said.

Sahroni said the law must be firm, but must also have empathy.

"We must be able to distinguish between acts that do indeed intend to harm the state and those that do not. Do not let the law feel rigid and actually hurt the sense of justice of small communities who are struggling," he explained.

Previously, the case of alleged corruption in the double post of non-permanent teacher (GTT) was finally stopped.

The Attorney General's Office confirmed that the case was stopped after the case was taken over by the East Java High Prosecutor's Office (Kejati).

One of the considerations for discontinuing the case is that the suspect does not enjoy significant personal benefits.

Head of the Legal Information Center (Kapuspenkum) of the Attorney General's Office, Anang Supriatna, said that the termination of the case was carried out by issuing a Letter of Determination to Stop Prosecution (SKP2). The case of double office in the form of a non-permanent teacher and a local village assistant (PLD) was initially taken over by Kejatim Jatim.

"It was taken by the East Java Attorney General's Office, then on Wednesday (25/2) the case was stopped from being investigated," he said.

There are a number of considerations for the termination of the case. Namely, negative illegal acts or illegal acts can be removed if they are not contrary to legal awareness or the unwritten principle of society.

"Another consideration is that the suspect does not enjoy significant personal benefits," he explained.

It is known that the state's loss of Rp. 118 million, which had been mentioned by the Probolinggo District Attorney's Office, came from the salary or honor of the suspect as a PLD for five years.

"We also consider the public interest as well as the benefit of handling cases," he explained.


The English, Chinese, Japanese, Arabic, and French versions are automatically generated by the AI. So there may still be inaccuracies in translating, please always see Indonesian as our main language. (system supported by DigitalSiber.id)