KENDARI - The Konawe Regional Police Criminal Investigation Unit is investigating a suspected human trafficking (TPPO) case against Indonesian migrant workers from Konawe Regency, Southeast Sulawesi, who are suspected of being abused and harassed while working in Oman.

Head of the Konawe Police Criminal Investigation Unit, Deputy Commissioner of Police Taufik, said the investigation was carried out after the viral video of the victim's confession named Eka Arwati on social media.

"On Monday, January 19, we immediately carried out a pulbaket regarding the existence of a video on TikTok about alleged physical and sexual violence experienced by migrant workers who claimed to live in Amosilu Village, Besulutu District, Konawe," said Taufik when contacted in Kendari, Antara, Wednesday, January 21.

He said that on Tuesday, January 20, the Konawe Police received an official complaint report regarding the alleged TPPO experienced by the victim.

Based on the results of the initial investigation, Eka Arwati's departure to Oman began when she intended to find a job and wanted to become a female worker in September 2025.

"At that time, the victim contacted a woman named Elda, who then connected the victim with another woman named Rosi, and it was agreed to be recruited to work in Oman," he said.

During the process, the police suspected that the victim was sent through an illegal service bureau. On September 26, 2025, the victim was sent from Konawe to Jakarta and picked up by Rosi's husband to undergo a health examination.

"When picked up, the victim's mobile phone was immediately taken so that the victim did not know the location and address where he was in Jakarta," said Taufik.

After the health examination, on September 29, 2025, the victim was taken to the Bogor Immigration Office to make a passport. All the files were declared complete on October 5, 2025, and the victim was taken to Soekarno-Hatta Airport to fly to Oman.

At the time of departure, the victim was only sent a photo of a person's face who was said to pick him up at Oman Airport. Instead, the pick-up party was only provided with a photo of the victim.

"On October 6, 2025, the victim was picked up by his employer who had been prepared by the agency," said Taufik.

He revealed that the alleged abuse and sexual harassment occurred in January 2026. At that time, the victim who was ill was still forced to work by his employer, even experiencing beatings and harassment.

The police suspect that the victim left illegally because the process of handling documents until departure took less than a month and without going through official training according to expertise.

This case came to light after the victim uploaded a confession video on social media saying that he was forced to work even though he was sick and threatened by his employer.

"I have been working for three months, and I have been sick for two months. The employer forced me to work, I was beaten and told to work in a sick state, until I was harassed. I was threatened if I spoke, he would punish me. I just hope I can go home safely," the victim said in the video.


The English, Chinese, Japanese, Arabic, and French versions are automatically generated by the AI. So there may still be inaccuracies in translating, please always see Indonesian as our main language. (system supported by DigitalSiber.id)