JAKARTA - Special Staff to the Governor of DKI Jakarta for Social Communication Chico Hakim revealed that restrictions on access to violent content on social media against students in Jakarta will begin early next year.

This is a discourse planned by DKI Jakarta Governor Pramono Anung to prevent similar cases of bomb explosions at SMA Negeri 72 from happening again.

"Launching is gradual starting January 2026 with pilot projects in several priority areas, including North Jakarta," Chico told reporters, Monday, November 24.

Currently, the DKI Provincial Government is preparing regulations and mechanisms for these restrictions. Realizing that they cannot carry out this discourse on their own, the local government in Jakarta is coordinating with the Ministry of Communication and Digital Affairs (Komdigi) on the implementation of restrictions on student access to violent content.

"Cooperation with Kominfo to strengthen age verification and filters of malicious content (violence, radicalism, hoaxes) on platforms such as TikTok, YouTube, and Instagram," said Pramono.

Previously, DKI Jakarta Governor Pramono Anung explained that his plan to limit school students' access to violent content on social media was still at the study stage.

The DKI Provincial Government, said Pramono, is still collecting input from various child protection agencies to experts to ensure policies formulated effectively to overcome cases of violence, bullying and crime in schools.

"Now it's being investigated. Yesterday, I also received KPAI and also related institutions. Indeed, I want to discuss this, of course, it must be deep. It must be substantially, in depth, able to overcome the existing problems," said Pramono at DKI Jakarta City Hall, Wednesday, November 19.

According to Pramono, this discourse arises in line with the policy trend in a number of countries that have begun to apply age limits in the use of social media. Access to digital content, which is now very open, requires the government to regulate negative impact mitigation for students.

"Because now the trend in developed countries is starting to have age restrictions that can see social media. Because the social media is so open. But once again, we will study it more deeply, and for that later we will definitely convey it," he said.

Furthermore, Pramono also instructed the Education Office to cooperate with related ranks to strengthen counseling services and formulate steps that can reduce the bullying rate in Jakarta schools.

"As for the bullying mechanism in the school environment in DKI Jakarta, I have asked the Education Office to cooperate with the relevant ranks, especially for counseling, to formulate that bullying should not happen again in the Jakarta area," he said.

Pramono also ensured that the Provincial Government would apply sanctions for perpetrators of violations and enforce the rules consistently. According to him, prevention of bullying must go hand in hand with the enforcement of legal mechanisms in order to provide a deterrent effect.

"For anyone who later commits a violation, of course there will be a mechanism for that. And I really want that bullying or bullying does not occur in Jakarta," he added.


The English, Chinese, Japanese, Arabic, and French versions are automatically generated by the AI. So there may still be inaccuracies in translating, please always see Indonesian as our main language. (system supported by DigitalSiber.id)