JAKARTA - Qatar said it was temporarily closing its airspace as part of the actions taken amid developments in the area.
This information was conveyed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Qatar via X, Monday, June 23. There are no details regarding the decision to temporarily close the Qatar airspace.
The US Embassy in Qatar previously issued a warning to Americans in the Gulf state to "protect on-site" as tensions in the region escalated.
"As a form of caution, we recommend Americans to take shelter on the spot until further notice," the embassy website said.
There was no further explanation regarding the warning.
SEE ALSO:
The warning comes amid fears the conflict between Iran and Israel will spread to the region.
There are also concerns Iran may target an American base in the Middle East after the US attacked Iran's nuclear facilities on Sunday.
A warning from the embassy last week urged its personnel and Americans in Qatar to "enhanced vigilance."
The English, Chinese, Japanese, Arabic, and French versions are automatically generated by the AI. So there may still be inaccuracies in translating, please always see Indonesian as our main language. (system supported by DigitalSiber.id)