The name of Ansy Jan De Vries who claimed to have been kidnapped in Kebon Jeruk, was not recorded at Sumber Waras Hospital
JAKARTA - Police are still investigating information regarding the alleged robbery of a model named Ansy Jan De Vries in the Kebon Jeruk area, West Jakarta. Until now, the police have not confirmed the truth of the information circulating on social media.
Head of Public Relations of the Metro Jaya Police, Kombes Pol Budi Hermanto said, the Kebon Jeruk Police along with the West Jakarta Metro Police Criminal Investigation Unit had conducted an initial check at the location suspected to be the scene of the crime, and visited Sumber Waras Hospital to conduct verification.
"Regarding the information circulating regarding the alleged robbery of a model in the Kebon Jeruk area, the Kebon Jeruk Police and the West Jakarta Metro Police Criminal Investigation Unit have conducted an initial check of the location suspected to be the scene of the crime and visited Sumber Waras Hospital to confirm the truth," he said when confirmed by the media, Monday, May 18, 2026.
From the results of the temporary check, the police did not find patient data in the name of the person mentioned in the upload at Sumber Waras Hospital in the last one month.
"From the results of the temporary check, no patient data was found in the name of the person mentioned in the upload in the last one month," he said.
However, the police emphasized that the information was still in the stage of further investigation and verification. Therefore, the police cannot confirm whether the alleged robbery actually occurred or not.
"Currently, this information is still in the stage of further verification, so it cannot be determined whether it is true," he concluded.
The social media Threads, previously widely discussed the news of the alleged robbery that befell a professional model named Ansy Jan De Vries in the area next to the Kebon Jeruk Toll Road, West Jakarta.
The information was first uploaded to the Threads @hmzr39 account and then spread widely after being re-shared by the @annastasyab.d account.
The post said the victim suffered serious injuries and had to undergo intensive treatment at the hospital.
Based on the narrative circulating on social media, the incident is suspected to have occurred at night when the victim was on his way home after using an online motorcycle taxi service.
The victim was said to have been intercepted by a number of perpetrators in the area next to the Kebon Jeruk Toll before he was allegedly attacked using a sharp weapon. As a result of the incident, the victim was reported to have suffered a gunshot wound to the head.