Persib Jamu Ratchaburi FC, Polrestabes Bandung Deploy 2,285 Security Personnel

JAKARTA - The Bandung City Police have deployed 2,285 personnel to secure the 16-team AFC Champions League Two match between Persib Bandung and Ratchaburi FC at the Gelora Bandung Lautan Api Stadium on Wednesday evening at 19.15 WIB.

"The total security for the Persib match against Ratchaburi FC is 2,285 personnel. The goal is for the match to run safely, orderly, and comfortably for the audience who are present at the stadium," said Head of Operations of the Bandung Police AKBP Asep Saepudin when confirmed in Bandung, quoted by Antara.

Asep said there were three blocking points that would be imposed to screen the audience who would enter the stadium area, namely at Babakan Sayang, Rancanumpang, and Cimencerang.

Furthermore, the spectators are invited to enter the stadium area and are checked again when entering the stands as a precaution against unwanted things during the match.

"If there are supporters who do not have tickets, we will turn them back. We make sure that those who enter the GBLA are those who have official tickets," he said.

In addition, the police also carried out traffic engineering in the area leading to the GBLA Stadium so that spectators and tourists who will head to the Al Jabbar Mosque can be dispersed.

"We will also sterilize along Jalan Gedebage so that the area around the stadium is sterile from vehicles, considering there are trains that pass every 15-20 minutes," he said.

He said personnel began to be lowered from 14.00 WIB to conduct initial screening at these points before the supporters were directed to the entrance of the stadium.

In addition to security around the stadium, the Bandung Police also prepared personnel in the ticket exchange area such as at Kircon, specifically in the area belonging to the TNI which previously caused congestion.

"Traffic engineering on Jalan Soekarno Hatta is flexible, we know it's a national road, in Gedebage we will carry out mitigation," said Asep.