Children Still Afraid To Return To SMAN 72: Trauma Recovery Continues

JAKARTA - Minister of Basic and Secondary Education (Mendikdasmen) Abdul Mu'ti said that not all students of SMAN 72 Jakarta are mentally ready to return to school directly after the explosion incident that occurred on Friday last week.

"This week (last week, Red) the learning is still online and starting next week (this week, ed) from the information I received, it is also not mentally ready for all students to return to school," Mu'ti told the media crew at the Tolerance and Culture Festival. , in Jakarta, Sunday 16 November.

However, Mu'ti also mentioned that some parents said they were ready if their children returned to school.

"Although the information I received, most parents and students are actually ready to return to study," he added.

He admitted that he could not confirm when the face-to-face learning process at SMAN 72 Jakarta could resume. He emphasized that his party continues to try to restore the situation so that learning activities at the school can run normally.

"We don't know yet, we'll see. We're trying to find out how the situation can recover and the students can learn as usual," explained Mu'ti.

Mu'ti said, the Ministry of Basic and Secondary Education has carried out trauma recovery or trauma healing for students and teachers over the past week. The mentoring process is carried out online and involves psychologists and activists.

Previously, SMAN 72 Jakarta stated that face-to-face learning could not begin on Monday (17/11/2025). The school decided that learning activities would still be carried out online while waiting for the parents' decision regarding the learning model after the explosion incident which resulted in at least 96 victims of the injury.