Indonesia Awaits Comprehensive Investigation Results From The Ministry Of Foreign Affairs And The Peruvian Police Regarding Zetro Murder
JAKARTA - Indonesia, through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, is still waiting for the results of a comprehensive investigation from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Peruvian Police regarding the progress of the murder of Indonesian diplomat, Zetro Leonardo Purba.
Candidate for the Indonesian Embassy in Lima Zetro Leonardo Purba was shot dead near his residence in Agile, Peru on September 1. After undergoing an autopsy, Zetro's body was returned to the country and buried on September 10, after previously the Indonesian Ministry of Foreign Affairs held the last tribute led by the Indonesian Foreign Minister Sugiono at the Pancasila Building.
"Currently we are still waiting for the Police to provide official information through the Indonesian Embassy in Lima," said spokesman II of the Indonesian Ministry of Foreign Affairs Vahd Nabyl A. Mulachela in a press statement in Jakarta, Wednesday, September 17.
Peru News Agency Andina reported that local authorities managed to arrest five suspects involved in the Zetro murder. The five, suspected of being members of the Los Maleantes del Cono gang, were arrested on September 9
Nabyl said his party was waiting for an official notification from the Peruvian authorities, although he also followed the news.
"Formally, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, we will be at the same door, giving time to the police and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Peru to convey the results of the comprehensive investment that we will receive through the Indonesian Embassy in Lima," he said.
Zetro's body was buried at Sari Mulya Cemetery, South Tangerang. He left behind a wife and three children.
"The departure of the deceased is a loss for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to a person full of dedication and integrity," said Foreign Minister Sugiono when paying his last respects.
During the welcoming of Zetro's body, Foreign Minister Sugiono promised to resolve this case as clearly as possible and clearly as possible. He also spoke with Peruvian Foreign Minister Elmer Schialer to ask for a thorough investigation.
The Peruvian Ambassador to Indonesia Luis Tsuboyama confirmed his government's commitment to uncover the case and bring the perpetrator to justice.
SEE ALSO:
"The president has ordered the relevant Peruvian authorities to carry out investigations with the highest priority, transparency and perseverance with the aim of identifying and bringing those responsible to justice," he said.
"At the same time, additional arrangements have been made to improve security at the Indonesian Embassy in Lima and staff," he added.
Ambassador Tsuboyama believes that close friendship and cooperation between Peru and Indonesia will help the two countries deal with this incident.