JAKARTA - The government, through the Ministry of Finance, has opened a registration for the 2021 Education Fund Management Institution (LPDP) scholarship.
LPDP scholarships are for the nation's sons and daughters who graduated from S1 / D4 who wish to continue to the Masters level and postgraduate graduates who continue to pursue doctoral or doctoral degrees.
The registration process or online registration for the Regular LPDP Scholarship program as well as the LPDP Scholarship for Major World Universities (PTUD) can be done starting Tuesday, May 4, 2021.
The new LPDP official page informs the terms and registration schedule for the 2 categories above. Meanwhile, information about the Affirmation and Targeted Group LPDP scholarships will be announced in stages in the near future.
Especially for the 2021 LPDP Regular Scholarship, registration requirements have also been announced and the registration procedure. Regular LPDP Scholarships are scholarships for Indonesian citizens who are pursuing a master's or doctoral degree.
There is also a link to register that can be accessed on the beasiswalpdp.kemenkeu.go.id page.
The funding, which is also called the Regular Indonesian Education Scholarship (BPI), is given to participants in the one-degree master program (sigle degree) with a maximum study duration of 24 months. Regular BPI funds are also given to single degree doctoral program participants, with a maximum study duration of 48 months.
Those who qualify for the 2021 Regular LPDP scholarship will receive 2 financing components. Both are tuition fees and support costs.
The tuition fee of the Regular LPDP scholarship consists of: Registration Fee; SPP / Tuition Fee; Book Allowance; Thesis / Dissertation Research Costs; International Seminar Fee; and International Journal Publication Fees.
Meanwhile, Supporting Costs assistance from the same program is in the form of: Transportation Fund; Visa or Residence Permit application; Monthly Living Costs; Health Insurance; Arrival Fee; Emergency costs (if needed); and family allowance (doctoral only).
Registration Requirements for the 2021 Regular LPDP Scholarship
Quoting the information on the official LPDP website, for BPI Regular registrants who already have and uploaded an Unconditional LoA or Letter of Acceptance, which is a letter of being accepted at the destination university without conditions, must choose 1 Higher Education at home or abroad according to the LPDP College List .
There are also applicants for the LPDP Regular Scholarship (BPI Reguler) who do not yet have an Unconditional LoA, they are required to choose 3 destination universities at home or abroad that are on the LPDP Higher Education List, with the same / similar / allied study program.
The requirements for registering for the 2021 Regular LPDP Scholarship consist of 2 categories, namely general and special. The following are general requirements and specific requirements for the 2021 Regular LPDP Scholarship.
A. General requirements for the 2021 LPDP Scholarship Regular
1. Has the status of Indonesian Citizen;
2. Has completed a D4 or S1 study for a master's scholarship (S2); or have completed a master's degree program (S2) for doctoral scholarships; or, have completed a D4 or S1 study for a doctoral direct scholarship, provided that you graduate from:
- Domestic universities that have been accredited by BAN-PT;
- Domestic service colleges;
- Or foreign universities recognized by the Directorate General of Higher Education and the Indonesian Embassy in the country of origin of the tertiary institution;
5. Not currently studying (on going) master or doctoral programs, either at domestic or overseas universities;
6. Applicants who have completed their master's studies (S2) are not allowed to enroll in the master's scholarship program, and applicants who have completed their doctoral studies (S3) are not allowed to enroll in the doctoral scholarship program;
7. Attach a letter of recommendation from academics for those who have not worked or from superiors for those who are already working;
8. Choosing a Higher Education Objective and study program in accordance with the LPDP provisions;
9. Fill in your personal profile on the online registration form;
10. Writing a Personal Statement;
11. Writing a commitment to return to Indonesia and a plan to contribute to Indonesia after the study;
12. Writing a Research Proposal for applicants for doctoral education programs;
13. Scholarships are only for regular classes and are not for the following classes:
- Executive Class
- Special Class
- Employee class
- Remote Class
- Classes held not at the parent college
- International Class specifically for Domestic destinations
- Classes held in more than 1 state college, or
- Other classes that do not meet the requirements of the LPDP.
B. Specific requirements for the 2021 Regular LPDP Scholarship
1. Willing to sign a statement letter according to the LPDP format;
2. Meet the requirements for the registrant's age limit on December 31 in the year of registration;
3. Applicants for master level education should be at least 35 years old;
4. Applicants for doctoral education should be at least 40 years old;
5. Upload a Grade Point Average (GPA) document with the following conditions:
- Applicants for Masters level must have a GPA at the previous level of study of at least 3.00 on a scale of 4 or equivalent, as evidenced by an original or legalized transcript.
- Applicants for Doctoral level must have a GPA at the previous level of study of at least 3.25 on a scale of 4 or equivalent as evidenced by an original or legalized transcript.
- Especially for applicants for Doctoral level from a research master program without a GPA, they are required to attach a certificate from the original university.
6. Upload a valid English language proficiency certificate issued by ETS (www.ets.org), PTE Academic (www.pearsonpte.com) or IELTS (www.ielts.org), with the following conditions:
- Applicants for domestic master's programs with a minimum score of English skills TOEFL ITP 500, TOEFL iBT 61, PTE Academic 50, or IELTS 6.0;
- Applicants for master's degree programs abroad, a minimum score of English skills TOEFL iBT 80, PTE Academic 58, or IELTS 6.5;
- Applicants for doctoral programs in the country with a minimum score of English skills TOEFL ITP 530, TOEFL iBT 70, PTE Academic 50, or IELTS 6.0;
- Applicants for doctoral programs abroad with a minimum score of English skills TOEFL iBT 94, PTE Academic 65 or IELTS 7.0;
- A valid TOEFL ITP certificate must come from an official institution that organizes the TOEFL ITP test in Indonesia.
7. Uploading a certificate delaying starting studies from the destination university for applicants who have an Unconditional LoA with a study start time that is not in accordance with the LPDP provisions.
Procedure for Registration of LPDP Scholarship 2021 Regular
Those who are interested in receiving the Regular 2021 LPDP Scholarship can register since May 4, 2021. Registration can be made online via the LPDP official website.
In general, the stages that must be passed when applying for the 2021 LPDP Regular Scholarship are:
1. Register online via the beasiswalpdp.kemenkeu.go.id site
2. Complete and upload all required documents in the registration application
3. Make sure to submit a registration application to get a registration code / registration.
4. As a note, if the applicant uploads an Unconditional LoA, he must meet the following criteria:
- Colleges and Study Programs must match one of the options on the registration application
- Study intake must meet the requirements set by the LPDP regarding the fastest permitted lecture
- If the lecture intake listed in the Unconditional LoA that is uploaded does not comply with the provisions, it is mandatory to attach a Defer Letter from the Tertiary Education Institution that issued the LoA.
There are 3 stages of LPDP scholarship selection:
1. Administrative Selection
2. Academic Substance Selection and Nationality
3. Interview Selection
2021 LPDP Scholarship Registration Schedule and Selection
The schedule for registration and selection of BPI or the 2021 Regular LPDP Scholarship is divided into 2 stages, both for choice of universities at home and abroad.
The first stage registration process opened on May 4, 2021. The second stage registration process will only open in early August.
For the record, information regarding the opening of registration for the affirmation scholarship category and targeted at the first stage is still not available, until May 4, 2021. The following are details of the 2 stages of registration and selection for the 2021 LPDP Scholarship.
A. Registration Schedule and First Phase LPDP Scholarship Selection 2021
- General Scholarship Registration Opening: May 4, 2021
- Closing of General Scholarship Applications: June 1, 2021
- Implementation of Administrative Selection: 2–10 June 2021
- Announcement of Administrative Selection Results: June 11, 2021
- Selection of Academic Substances and Nationality: 16–19 June 2021
- Announcement of Selection Results for Academic Substances and Nationality: June 24, 2021
- Selection of interviews for those who have Unconditional LoA: 5-16 July 2021
- Announcement of Interview Selection Results for those who have Unconditional LoA: July 22, 2021
- Selection of interviews that do not have Unconditional LoA: 23 July - 25 August 2021
- Announcement of Interview Selection Results for Those Who Don't Have Unconditional LoA: August 30, 2021.
B. Schedule of Second Phase LPDP Scholarship Registration and Selection 2021
- Registration opening: August 1, 2021
- Registration closing: September 8, 2021
- Implementation of Administrative Selection: 9–23 September 2021
- Announcement of Administrative Selection Results: September 24, 2021
- Academic Substance and Nationality Selection: 4-8 October 2021
- Announcement of the Selection Results for Academic Substances and Nationality: October 13, 2021
- Interview Selection: 25 October - 26 November 2021
- Announcement of Interview Selection Results: December 3, 2021.